Tuesday, February 24, 2015

FINALLY PROGRESS!

For those of you who know me it is no shock that I have trouble keeping things consistently tidy. For those who don't my name is Jess and I have a problem. While I typically know where stuff is that doesn't mean it is put away nicely it may just mean I can tell you the exact spot on the floor in which it resides even if it is under a mountain of clothes. So it is a small wonder that it only took this long after moving to get my room pretty much set up. Since people wanted to know what my apartment looks like and I had a day with nothing better to do I cleaned. While I like things nice and tidy (unlike when I was younger and relished mess) I tend to clean one room move to the next and by the time I have come full circle the first room is a disaster again. I am working on it but as you read this my kitchen is already a mess...what can I say, progress is slow and I was not meant to be Susie homemaker. Alas at least I can cook I guess lol!

I had posted this to show that the end door was my room. Also I guess I should say that is not some alice in wonderland illusion the ceiling is 9' tall so  some of my doors are at least 8' They make me feel even shorter than I am and are hard to decorate but it is hard to decorate most things in here without a ladder.

So my room kida has a tiny hallway because that door on the left (with the blue and white checked flag over it) has a cubby where there is a washer and dryer

that's right I live in the UN! I decided during my travels that I wanted to collect flags and believe it or not I am missing one or two but I do have an extra that someone got me thinking I just collected any flag for fun..and they are not all in this picture either.

That large door covered in curtains leads to the patio and pool.

My room was such a mess when I posted the original pictures of this wall I figured this time i would give some context. 


Believe it or not I am not actually done decorating either I just need some hooks so I can hang some heavier stuff up. Like I said before I am not a fan of blank walls but some of my pieces are heavier than others.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice. I am not, nor ever was, a "Susie homemaker" either. I always believed life is too short, for me to be spending most of it sweeping, mopping, dusting, washing dishes, etc. Sure, those things need to be done, but there is no reason for cleaning to take up all of your time, unless you do it for a living, that is. I am afraid I would never make a good living even if I was paid for doing it. The room looks great. :)

    ReplyDelete